Nearly every mid-Michigan wrestling team competed this weekend, and some of those finishes dominate this list of the five best non-hoops performances from Friday-Saturday.
(Taken from scores reported and published in the LSJ).
5. Portland wrestling: The Raiders pushed their dual record to 21-6 with a 4-1 run at the Springport Invitational. Their only loss was 42-34 to Division 4 No. 6 Springport.
4. Grand Ledge/Waverly hockey: Senior forward Treven Fech has helped the Comet/Warriors move back into the CAAC's elite, and he had a hat trick in a 5-2 win over Eastside on Friday.
3. Dansville wrestling: The Aggies, ranked No. 5 in Division 4, were runners-up at Saturday's Muskegon Orchard View Invitational. They finished behind just Remus Chippewa Hills, the No. 4 team in Division 3.
2. Grand Ledge gymnastics: The three-time reigning champs began their march for a fourth state title with a dominating win at the East Lansing Invitational. Senior Alexis Byington claimed the all-around with a 38.175.
1. St. Johns wrestling: The top team in our weekly area PowerPoll won big again, this time at New Lothrop. The Redwings, No. 1 in Division 2, finished ahead of Division 4 No. 2 New Lothrop, Division 2 No. 3 Lowell and Division 3 No. 5 Birch Run and No. 6 Whitehall.